今天小编给大家推荐的绘本叫——《让我安静五分钟》,该绘本在1987年美国《父母杂志》中荣获最佳幼儿图画奖。
适读儿童:3-8岁
作者:吉尔·墨菲
该绘本将文字和图画结合的异常巧妙,一方面体现出妈妈们琐碎的日常中就连这区区五分钟也很难得,但另一方面,妈妈们的心已经被那些小小的人儿占满了,超过五分钟的安静就会让她们神不守舍,迫不及待地回到孩子的身边了。
让我安静五分钟”,与其说是对孩子体谅妈妈的要求,不如说是对妈妈们自己的提醒:珍惜每一秒陪伴孩子长大的时光,但同时也别忘了给自己找一个安静五分钟的秘密花园。
象妈妈好忙好累,很想自己安静五分钟。可是,孩子们黏得可紧呢!他们想和妈妈一起吹笛子、念故事、玩玩具、泡水、看漫画、吃蛋糕……可怜的大象妈妈,要怎样才能安静五分钟呢?
绘本欣赏
孩子们正在吃早餐。
The children were having breakfast.
这可不是让人看了会开心的一幕。
This was not a pleasant sight.
庞太太从厨房的柜子里拿出餐盘。
Mrs. Large took a tray from the cupboard.
把茶壶、牛奶罐、她最喜欢的茶杯,涂了橘子果酱的烤面包片,还有昨天吃剩的小蛋糕放进餐盘里。
She set it with a teapot, a milk jug, her favorite cup and saucer, a plate of marmalade toast and aleftover cake from yesterday.
再把报纸塞进口袋,偷偷地往门口走去。
She stuffed the morning paper into her pocket and sneaked off toward the door.
妈妈,你端着餐盘要去哪里?”萝拉问。
Where are you going with tray, Mom?” asked Laura.
去浴室”庞太太回答。
To the bathroom,” said Mrs. Large.
为什么?”另外两个孩子问。
Why?” asked the other two children.
因为我想自己一个人安静5分钟”庞太太回答。就是这样。”
Because I want five minutes’ peace from all of you,” said Mrs. Large. That’s why.”
孩子们紧跟在庞太太后面爬上楼我们可以去吗?”
Can we come?” asked Lester as they trailed up the stairs behind her.
不行”庞太太说不能跟过来”
No,” said Mrs. Large, you can’t.”
那我们要做什么?”萝拉问
What shall we do then?” asked Laura.
自己在楼下玩,要注意小弟弟的安全。”
You can play,” said Mrs. Large. Downstairs. By yourselves. And keep an eye>
我又不是小婴儿”最小的那个孩子嘟着嘴说。
I’m not a baby,” muttered the little>
庞太太很快放了一缸满满的,热热的水。
Mrs. Large ran a deep, hot bath.
她把半瓶泡泡沐浴精全倒进水里,然后戴上浴帽,扑通”一声坐进浴缸。
She emptied half a bottle of bubble bath into the water, plunked>
她给自己倒了一杯茶,再闭上眼睛,躺在浴缸里——这就是天堂。
She poured herself a cup of tea and lay back with her eyes closed. It was heaven.
我吹笛子给你听好不好?”莱斯特问。
Can I play you my tune?” asked Lester.
庞太太睁开一只眼睛,说你一定要吹吗?”
Mrs. Large opened>
我一直在练习呢”莱斯特说,是你叫我练习的,可以吗?拜托啦,就一分钟。”
I’ve been practicing,” said Lester, You told me to. Can I? Please, just for>
那吹吧”庞太太叹了口气
Go>
于是,莱斯特开始吹了。他把《小星星》这首曲子吹了三遍半。
So Lester played. He played Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star” three and a half times.
萝拉进来了。我可以念一页故事给你听吗?”她问
In came Laura. Can I read you a page from my read you a page from my reading book?” she asked.
不行萝拉”庞太太说。出去,你们都到楼下去。”
No, Laura,” said Mrs. Large. Go>
你都让莱斯特吹笛子了”萝拉说
You let Lester play his tune,” said Laura.
"我听到了,你比较喜欢他,不喜欢我,这不公平"
I heard. You let Lester play his tune," said Laura."I heard. You like him better than me. It’s not fair.”
没有这回事,萝拉”庞太太说好吧,你念吧,不过只能念一页哦。”
Oh, don’t be silly, Laura,” said Mrs. Large Go>
于是萝拉开始念。她把《小红帽》这本书念了四页半。
So Laura read. She read four and a half pages of Little Red Riding Hood.”
最小的弟弟抱着一大堆玩具进来了。
In came the little>
给你!”他微笑着,把玩具一股脑全都丢进水里。
For you!” he beamed, flinging them all into the bath water.
谢谢你,小宝贝”庞太太有气无力的说。
Thank you, dear,” said Mrs. Large weakly.
我可以看报纸上的漫画吗?”萝拉问
Can I see the cartoons in the paper?” asked Laura.
我可以吃那个蛋糕吗?”莱斯特问
Can I have the cake?” asked Lester.
我可以和你一起泡澡吗?”
Can I get in with you?” asked the little>
庞太太发出哦——哦——”的无奈叹息声
Mrs. Large groaned.
最后,三个孩子都跳进浴缸了。
In the end they all got in.
小弟弟太急了,连睡衣都忘了脱。
The little>
庞太太走出浴缸,她擦干身体,穿上浴袍,准备走出浴室。
Mrs. Large got out. She dried herself, put>
你现在要去哪儿,妈妈?”萝拉问
Where are you going now, Mom?” asked Laura.
去厨房”庞太太说
To the kitchen,” said Mrs. Large.
为什么?”莱斯特问
Why?” asked Lester.
因为我想自己一个人安静5分钟”庞太太回答。就是这样。”
Because I want five minutes’ peace from all of you,” said Mrs. Large. That’s why.”
然后,她走下楼
And off she went downstairs,
在孩子们还没下楼以前,她安安静静的度过了三分钟又四十五秒。
where she had three minutes and forty-five seconds of peace before they all came to join her.